On Sun, 31 May 2020 16:28:34 +0700
Victor Sudakov <v...@sibptus.ru> wrote:

> Since what version does Windows have a reset option? For dozens of
> years, literally, Windows has been notorious for leftovers of removed
> programs remaining in the "base system" and causing unexpected
> effects. There were even commercial products on the market to purge
> those leftovers.

The Windows reset option is reinstallation, and always has been. For
the last few versions, the installation medium is a partition on the
hard drive, and it can be invoked from within Windows or from a BIOS
startup key.

Reinstallation restores the partitioning to the factory configuration,
and formats the partitions, and the factory partitioning scheme fills
the entire drive. Nothing survives, so data which must be kept must be
lifted off the hard drive entirely. Additional hard drives fitted after
sale to the machine are not touched, as far as I know.

Uninstallation of individual programs is certainly not reliable.

--
Joe