On Sunday, May 31, 2020 07:39:13 AM Joe wrote:
> The Windows reset option is reinstallation, and always has been. For
> the last few versions, the installation medium is a partition on the
> hard drive, and it can be invoked from within Windows or from a BIOS
> startup key.

From the peanut gallery: there is (or was?) that other function, not sure of
the name (maybe including a phrase (or concept) like "go back"), by which you
could take a snapshot of your system and then revert to that condition later.

I never used it (I was gone from Windows before it came along), I don't know
the correct name (or if it changed over the years), whether it still exists,
and whether it affected the system programs, the user's data files, or both (or
maybe it was selective).