I've got a Pi with a hard drive connected to it with music on it. I've
got SSH configured so I can admin the box headless. I've got FTP
configured so I can upload music. Now I'm working on Samba. My wife has
a Mac which understands Samba. She can scan the LAN on the Mac and see
the music share from the Pi. But she can't see any of the files on it.
I'd like her to be able to download (not upload) files from it without a
login. Here's my smb.conf file, condensed to show only the relevant
parts:

[global]
        security = user
   workgroup = mars.lan
   server role = standalone server
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   unix password sync = yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:*
%n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
   pam password change = yes
   map to guest = bad user
   usershare allow guests = yes
[music]
        comment = Music
        path = /media/pi/music
        browseable = yes
        read only = yes
        guest ok = yes
        guest only = yes

Any idea why contents are not showing up, and what can be done to remedy
this?

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster