On 11/12/20 1:42 pm, Paul M Foster wrote:
For various reasons, I've set the perms on this mount as 777. Anything
on a Raspberry Pi gets mounted in the /media/pi hierarchy by default. I
couldn't see a reason to change it, if I set the permissions
appropriately.

G'day Paul

pi being the default user under raspbian/raspOS. At least with the
recent installer, you are required to give pi a password. It used be
that there was a default password, and you had to know to change that
yourself.

My 2c worth: as you have already set up a personal user, disable auto
log-in to user pi and make sure user pi has a strong password.  Having
user pi available is likely the prime target of any attack, simply
because it used have a default.

Once you start logging in as paul, you'll find that automount USB item
go to /media/paul.

--
Keith Bainbridge

ke1thozgro...@gmx.com