On 2021-07-10 at 14:18, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Sb, 10 iul 21, 06:51:43, Brian Thompson wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2021-07-10 at 13:43 +0200, tv.deb...@googlemail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Debian unstable with bits of experimental here
>>
>> Is it (usually) wise to intermix different suites?
>
> It depends :)
>
> In my opinion I'd say the order from less to more dangerous would
> be:
>
> 1. stable + select packages from stable-backports

> 2. oldstable + select packages from oldstable-backports-sloppy

> 3. testing + select packages from unstable

> 4. unstable + select packages from experimental

I'm a little surprised to see that you don't even mention the mix which
I've been running for the last decade-plus: stable + testing, which
works out to testing + select packages from stable (the ones which are
no longer available in testing).

Do you consider that to be so dangerous as to not even be worth mentioning?

--
   The Wanderer