Hi,

was
  https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#write-usb
already mentioned in this thread ?
Besides the already mentioned Unix methods it gives advise for users of
MS-Windows, to which i would add program Rufus and its "dd" mode.

to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Absolutely. I actually run some tests from time to time, and the
> general pattern is a very flat maximum somewhere beyond 64 and
> below 1G. I tend to use 1M, because it's easy to memorise :)

For the finer operations with ISO images i prefer bs=2048, because that
is the natural granularity of ISO 9660 filesystems.

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> pv -parIe </path/to/file.iso >/dev/sdX

cat(1) on steroids :))

Have a nice day :)