On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 06:57:11PM -0400, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2021-08-06 4:24 p.m., Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 12:25:52PM -0400, Polyna-Maude
> > Racicot-Summerside wrote:
> >> Actually, the message you sent would have been sent only to yourself in
> >> the reply if I wouldn't have took the time to add the mailing list as CC.
> >
> > OK, let's explore why.
> >
> > According to your User-Agent header, you are using the MUA Thunderbird.
> >
> > According to the description you just wrote about the behaviour of
> > replying, it would NOT have replied to the list, but directly to Tomas.

:-)

(but see below)

> The "reply list" button was exactly in my face.
> Just discovered it's existence.
>
> I'll now use this one.

To be honest I get that wrong from time to time, too (not Thunderbird,
but Mutt, so it's not a button, but a keyboard shortcut, but the
functionalities are roughly equivalent).

Mutt gives me a second chance, because I /see/ the headers the mail
is going to be sent with right there in my edit buffer, but sometimes
fatigue and muscle memory take over.

Alas, and apologies. Nobody's perfect :)

Cheers
 - t