On Wednesday 22 September 2021 20:58:14 Nate Bargmann wrote:

> * On 2021 22 Sep 16:14 -0500, harrywea...@tutanota.com wrote:
> > For those with an interest:
> >
> > https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5204765206263907088
>
> Hmmm, as a radio amateur when I see QST, I immediately think of the
> membership journal of the American Radio Relay League which has been
> published since 1915 with a two year break for the Great War from 1917
> to 1919.
>
> Maybe IBM bought the rights to the name!
>
> - Nate

Or the ARRL forgot to renew the copyright. Copyrights were originally
issued for a period of 7 years, renewable once for an additional 7
years. Along comes Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse, and Walt had money
enough to get the law changed so we have the current never expires
situation by including corporations such as Disney in it definitions of
authors. If its ever been renewed. But the law today gives me automatic
copyright over what I write without additional public notice, I think
for 90 years after I die.

There is something wrong with this picture. 14 years was considered as
the author having milked his writings for 99% of all they would ever
generate in income. IMNSHO it (the original version) is still a good
idea.  Stealing an individuals creativity, and his rewards for being
creative by awarding the copyright to a corporation, is theft pure and
simple, and should become somebody lined up against the wall for 3rd
offence grand larceny. But today, we'ed need Trumps incompleted wall to
maybe have enough wall.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis