Hi Dan

Thanks for your reply.

> Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 4:45 AM
> From: "Dan Ritter" <d...@randomstring.org>
> To: "Stella Ashburne" <rewe...@gmx.com>
> Subject: Re: iwd: Using iwd to connect to a wireless network (Part 1 -
> Connection status show OK but unable to surf the net)
>

> Try
>
> sudo dhclient wlan0
>
> and see if that gives you an IP and a default route, at which
> point  apt update should work.

I tried the command:

sudo dhclient wlan0

and no result (nothing) appeared.

May I refer you to the sub-section titled "Setting static IP address in network
configuration" of ArchLinux' wiki on iwd (https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Iwd).

My file whitecollar.psk located in /var/lib/iwd/ has the following contents:

[Security]
PreSharedKey=a long string of alphanumeric characters
Passphrase=aquickbrownfoxjumpsoverthelazydog

[IPv4]
Address=192.168.30.115
Netmask=255.255.255.0
Gateway=192.168.30.1
Broadcast=192.168.30.255
DNS=8.8.8.8

Please note that I have disabled IPv6 by adding the line

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="ipv6.disable=1 quiet"

to /etc/default/grub