Hello friends, I'm sending this last email to inform you that I have given up
on trying to recover the contents of my external hard drive and that I
formatted it.
Thank you to every single one of you who spared their time to try and help me.
On one last note, I should I drag attention to what seemed to be a bug on the
boot screen that asked for my LUKS password: It considered backspaces as a
normal character. I type my password and it shows an asterisk on the screen for
every character I type - instead of deleting the asterisk, the backspace key
created one more asterisk each time I pressed it.