On 10/27/21, lina <lina.lastn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I think Tim got my point correct. I have corrected the issue by following
> the advice I googled:
> *1 Answer*
>
>    1. Right click on the taskbar, select Panel -> Panel Preferences.
>    2. Select the Items tab , select Window Buttons in the list, click the
>    Edit button on the right side.
>    3. Change Window grouping to Never.
>
> Thanks again with best regards, lina

Thank you for coming back to say it worked. I saw this thread
yesterday and thought I understood you wanted to change same thing I
did. I found those same instructions but missed that "minor detail"
about clicking on "Window Buttons". Just tried it again, and mine's
now fixed, too.

Feels like old times on this desktop.. Very happy! I don't know why
it's easier for my brain to pick what it needs from that mess of
buttons strewn across the top, but it is (much easier). The "never
group" option has the added bonus of being a constant nag that browser
windows need archived and closed, permanently if not sooner. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey
* runs with birdseed *