On 3/11/22, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:
> Thats been the most complete pdf viewer I've ever used. But I just tried
> to look at a doc I have looked at hundreds of times over he last years,
> and it got all upset all over itself, while I was logged into that
> machine with an ssh -Y login.
>
> What its its feature complete replacement in a buster install? This
> machine is bullseye, the logged into machine is buster.

Thinking out loud.. Did you try a different PDF file to make sure it's
not just one suddenly corrupt file instead of being evince?

Personally, I use Atril on XFCE4, but all I've ever done is read
files. I follow Atril's Github that was active in the last few weeks:

https://github.com/mate-desktop/atril/

Important to note for some users is that I occasionally see requests
for useful features that apparently Atril might not do while other
packages do.

Cindy :)
* runs with birdseed *