Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 07:08 Alexander V. Makartsev <avbe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> The laptop is a Toshiba C655D-S5136 Satellite.
> The SSD is a Crucial MX500 1000GB 2.5 inch SSD.

Some quick specs from
https://www.cnet.com/reviews/toshiba-satellite-c655d-review/:

Price as reviewed       $398
Processor               1.5 GHz AMD Fusion E-240 Dual Core
Memory                  3GB, 667MHz DDR3 RAM
Hard drive              250GB 5,400rpm
Chipset                 ID1510 + SB800
Graphics                AMD Radeon HD 6310
Operating system        Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Dimensions (WD)         15 x 9.8 inches
Height                  1.1-1.5 inches
Screen size (diagonal)  15.6 inches
System weight / Weight  5.1 / 5.8 pounds
with AC adapter

Looks like the SB800 south bridge supports SATA 3.0 6Gb/s interfaces so
it doesn't seem like it's the problem here. But I have no idea what the
problem could be, other than a faulty drive.