On 2022-04-27 08:05:46 -0400, Haines Brown wrote:
> If I understand correctly, which is always in serious doubt, it is
> exim that constructs the Sender: line by combining /etc/mailname and
> $LOCALHOST. Is this so?

On my machine that uses exim (used to send this mail), exim does not
add a "Sender:" line. The exim4(8) man page says for the -f option:

  Processes running  as  root  or  the  Exim  user  are  always
  trusted. Other trusted users are defined by the trusted_users
  or trusted_groups options. In the absence of -f,  or  if  the
  caller  is  not trusted, the sender of a local message is set
  to the caller's login name at the default qualify domain.

But if you set use_envelope_from in Mutt, the -f option will be
used (see OPTENVFROM in sendlib.c).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>