Felix Miata <mrma...@earthlink.net> writes:

>> menuentry "memtest86 7.4 EFI" {
>>      search --no-floppy --label --set=root TM8P01ESP
>>      chainloader /mt74x64.efi
>> }
>
> IIRC, to get mt74x64.efi, and later mt83x64.efi, I had to loop mount the free
> download bootable .iso and copy it off to a Grub-visible location. mt83x64.efi
> does work on my 11th Gen i5-11400 loaded from Grub-efi as above:

Thanks. I actually ponied up for the Pro version since I wanted to test
the ECC error injection stuff but haven't gotten around to doing that
yet. Should be easier like this, I don't like fiddling with memory
sticks if I don't have to. Unfortunately I've realized two of my four
ECC systems are BIOS only so won't be able to test that ECC actually
works.