On 2022-11-22 12:39, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.med...@gmail.com> writes:

I noticed the problem just after upgrading to bullseye from previous stable Debian version; then I upgraded to Unstable in the hope of solving it but the
problem remains, with error:

 stopped "Filter failed"

I also tried to remove and re-add the printer with no success. I'm stuck,
please help, thanks in advance.

Peter von Kaehne <ref...@gmx.net> writes:

To help I think people need more than you have given. Printer model, software
in use, version, printer driver, logs.

Brad Rogers <b...@fineby.me.uk> writes:

Hello Rodolfo,

Same sort of thing Celejar said about your gv issues;  What printer,
what driver, what were the exact commands and error messages.......

Thanks, sorry: the printer is the Samsung ML-191x 252x Series, the software I'm using to manage it is the Debian package cups and `aptitude show' says it's installed in my Sid box at the version 2.4.2-1+b2. The driver I think is the
file called ML-191xspl2.ppd.  I do:

 $ lp -P 1 ing.pdf

and the output:

 request id is Samsung_ML-191x_252x_Series-694 (1 file(s))

and nothing happens. In the "Jobs" section of the printing localhost it says

 stopped
 "Filter failed"

I hope it's all right.  Logs I wouldn't know...

Is the printer attached to the Sid PC (was Bullseye)?
How's it attached?
Did you try print a plain text file?
There's commands to see what Cups thinks the printer is but I'd have to look it up.
mick