On Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 11:22 AM Geert Stappers <stapp...@stappers.nl> wrote:

> Having installed package openvswitch-switch and doing `ip route` I do get
>
>   169.254.0.0/16 dev ovs-system scope link src 169.254.201.7 metric 1004

Those are called "APIPA's". Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA).
The host parts are randomly generated by the host when a DHCP server
cannot be contacted for a DHCP address. It is an ad-hoc networking so
hosts on the same local LAN can talk to one another when Mom and Pop
don't know how to architect a local LAN and setup the necessary
servers.

> What can be done to prevent that "zeroconf"

Ensure your DHCP server is available.

Jeff