On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 12:45 PM Christoph Brinkhaus
<c.brinkh...@t-online.de> wrote:
> Am Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 11:00:56PM +0700 schrieb Max Nikulin:
> > On 20/02/2023 21:44, Christoph Brinkhaus wrote:
> > > Am Mon, Feb 20, 2023 at 09:59:20AM +0700 schrieb Max > > > > Perhaps to
> > > get rid of 169.254.x.y addresses, it is enough to properly
> > >
> > > On my system it did not help. One "issue" might be, that systemd
> > > starts services in some sequence. But it does not wait for a service
> > > to complete. At least in case of stuff I have observed on my system.
> >
> > Out of curiosity, is link-local IP address assigned during boot or later
> > when e.g. WiFi connection is temporary lost? How long does it take to get
> > response from DHCP server? Which way network is configured (ifupdown,
> > NetworkManager, systemd-networkd) in your case?
>
> The 169.254.x.y has been assigned during boot. I have not used DHCP.
> The configuration has been static. The ping to the router takes about
> 4ms. I have no idea if it is possible to estimate a DHCP response
> time. The network has been configured via systemd-networking.

You have to supply a static ip address or a DHCP server.

Since you supplied a static ip address, then the fact that you are
getting an APIPA is a bug. You should file a bug report with the
package (Avahi? Systemd?) that is providing the APIPA.

But backing up... I suspect there's something wrong with your static
ip address assignment. The address is already taken, the netmask is
wrong, or the gateway is wrong.

Looking back through this thread, I did not see where you showed your
static ip configuration. Maybe you should start with that. If it is
bad, then the APIPA is just a symptom of the [static ip address]
problem.

Jeff