Mar 13, 2023, 06:19 by jer...@ardley.org:

> The contents of /etc/resolv.conf are always of interest.

There's really not much there:

# cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 127.0.0.1

> That and /etc/nsswitch.conf a/etc/hosts

# cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         files
group:          files
shadow:         files
gshadow:        files

hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns
networks:       files

protocols:      db files
services:       db files
ethers:         db files
rpc:            db files

netgroup:       nis

# cat /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1       localhost

> You should also check if there are any new firewall issues, and that you
> haven't run out of space somewhere.
>
> Finally, you may have forwarder(s) in your bind. It's best to check if that
> is working

No changes were made to the firewall and there are no firewall issues I'm aware
of. The forwarder's section in the "/etc/bind/named.conf.options" is commented
out so there are no forwarders:

   // forwarders {
    //      0.0.0.0;
    // };