On 13/3/23 16:19, local10 wrote:

Bind seems to be listening on 127.0.0.1 port 53.
I don't have netstat installed and can't easily install it as aptitude can't
resolve Debian server's name to an IP, so the following is what I tried:

# telnet -4 127.0.0.1 53
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.
#
#
# systemctl stopĀ  named.service
#
#
# telnet -4 127.0.0.1 53
Trying 127.0.0.1...
#
#
# systemctl restartĀ  named.service
#
#
# telnet -4 127.0.0.1 53
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.
#

At this stage I'd suggest wireshark but that won't be an option. Perhaps tcpdump is available?

Another option might be to set up a forwarder such as 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1.

You can also edit debug options into to /etc/bind/named.conf.options

|options { // other configuration options ... // Debug Options debug 1; logging { channel debug_log { file "/var/log/bind9/debug.log" versions 3 size 5m; severity dynamic; print-time yes; print-severity yes; print-category yes; }; category default { debug_log; }; }; // End debug options }; |

--
Jeremy
(Lists)