On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 02:02:43PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 3/27/23 11:31, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 10:00:48AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Would it be practical to put a filter in the path cups put things headed
> > > a printer thru, to change just that esc sequence to make those boxes and
> > > their text content into something more readable.
> >
> > If they are actually PNGs you'll be out of luck with esc sequences.
> > You might get away by fumbling the image's palette (if it has one)
> > or postprocessing it with your favourite image manipulation program
> > (with enough dedication you even might come up with some ImageMagick
> > script to automate this).
> >
> Begs the question, do we have a gfx editor that can do that? Fix it once, at
> the src. I'd be in hog heaven!

You mean at Alibaba? Or in your copies of the images?

In the second case, I'd recommend Gimp if you are more
the clickey type or the ImageMagick suite (specifically
convert) if you are up to figuring out a script which
might do it automatically for you henceforth.

> > Or you could try to shuffle the ink tanks of your printer ;-D
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Shirley you jest Tomas. ;o)>

;-)

> How much good would that do when there is half an hours ink in the plumbing
> it would have to flush to even get the new color into the nozzles? [...]

Sounds a bit like my shower. Except that most of the time the stuff
coming out of it is colourless. Luckily.

> Thanks for the grin, take care & stay well Tomas.

Likewise, cheers