On 4/17/23 12:02, Fred wrote:
On 4/17/23 11:55, gene heskett wrote:
Greetings all printing experts;

I have an extremely high res pdf of a 3d printer controller board.
I need to print it in the same or close, resolution I can see it on screen in libreoffice draw. But its equ to 26" wide! So the ideal printout would be posterized on 2 sheets of photo paper at about 85% size. But I can't find a poster recipe in OO-draw.

What the next best way to handle such a pdf to get an image big enough to easily read pin numbers etc ? cut in half down the middle and put on 2 pages of foto paper would be ideal. poster reads like it but expects psĀ  or better eps src. I found pdfposter but it will not accept letter as a -m BOX definition. This image it claim will be rotated to portrait mode, and 2 8.5x11 pages high laid landscape would be just right with -s .80 option to reduce the height to 2 page tall.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
Hi Gene,

If you live close to a large city there will be printing shops that serve surveyors that can print large format files.
exactly
in California the mandated size is 18" x 26" for subdivision maps of various flavors.
engineering drawings are variable, 24" x 36" is really common.
I used to have a 36" printer that used 36" wide roll stock, but when it died I went to 24"... then after I "retired" later I started using a Kikos or some such... email them the file, pick up the product at the store.
dunno who is better, but lots of people shop it out.
Some Office Max stores can also print large format files.

Best regards,
Fred