Hi Timothy,

Am 24.04.2023 um 23:38 schrieb Timothy M Butterworth:

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 4:00 PM Sarunas Burdulis <saru...@math.dartmouth.edu <mailto:saru...@math.dartmouth.edu>> wrote:

    On 4/24/23 14:02, Arno Lehmann wrote:
    Yes, in general OpenCL for current AMD GPUs works with the open source
    Linux kernel's amdgpu.ko module. On Ubuntu one can install ROCm from
    AMD's repositories

    `apt install rocm-opencl-runtime`

    which is open source well, but not in standard repositories. Not
    sure if
    that extends to Debian.

Debian has: `sudo apt info rocm-device-libs` which provides openCL runtime.

That did not change things, clinfo still causes the
=== CL_PROGRAM_BUILD_LOG ===
fatal error: cannot open file '/usr/lib/clc/gfx1030-amdgcn-mesa-mesa3d.bc': No such file or directory

message which seems to indicate that some devie specific stuff is missing.

I'll try to install the Ubunto packages later as this may require some serious cleanup first (and sorry for replying to you directly earlier... I guess after this days work, hitting the "Reply to List" button was a bit beyond my capabilities).

Thanks for your suggestions!

Cheers,

Arno

    I don't know if this can be substituted in any degree by Mesa.

-- Sarunas Burdulis
    Dartmouth Mathematics
    math.dartmouth.edu/~sarunas <http://math.dartmouth.edu/~sarunas>

    · https://useplaintext.email <https://useplaintext.email> ·