On 05 May 2023 06:08, David Christensen wrote:
On 5/4/23 19:52, David Christensen wrote:
That said, Wi-Fi does not work with my Ubuiquitti Networks UniFi setup -- it doesn't like the MAC address.

A further problem -- Debian is changing the MAC address of the Wi-Fi adapter ("MAC address spoofing", a security "feature") to MAC addresses that my networking equipment (Ubiquiti Networks UniFi) detects as invalid:

     "This field must be a valid MAC address"

That would be nice for them to tell you what THEY consider a valid MAC addr, as I don't think Debian produces MACs with z or x in it ... Maybe they check against a valid manufacturer (which is the 1st half of the MAC addr, iirc called OUI) ?
I'm curious if the Xen OUI is valid for them (00:16:3e:nn:nn:nn).