On Fri, 5 May 2023 23:27:45 -0400
Maureen L Thomas <silver...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I installed debian 11.6 and updated the needed packages to 11.7. I
> must say that I hate upgrading because they change everything and I
> cannot find the utilities I need to make this the way I want it.
> Does anyone know which utility changes the window settings. Like the
> X in the upper right hand corner.  I want all three items including
> the - and the box.
>
> Thank you guys for all your help.

This won't help you now, but in the future. Your window manager and
other similar settings are stored in your home directory. If you
maintain your home directory on a separate drive, and don't allow the
install process to touch it, your window manager settings should be
preserved (assuming you use the same window manager in your new
install).

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster