On Fri, May 05, 2023 at 11:27:45PM -0400, Maureen L Thomas wrote:
> I installed debian 11.6 and updated the needed packages to 11.7.

> I hate upgrading because they change everything

An upgrade from 11.x to 11.y should not have too many visible changes.
It's a minor "point release" upgrade, which in an ideal world would
only contain security patches and bug fixes.

Occasionally there's a visible change that makes its way in, but it
shouldn't be major.

You should get in the habit of applying *all* of the point release
updates, every time.  Keep your system up to date on security patches,
and your life will be a lot simpler.