On 09 May 2023 18:06, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
On 2023-05-05 15:04:27 +0200, zithro wrote:
journalctl after GUI LOGOFF
[...]
May 05 14:09:14 debzit sshd[14246]: Received disconnect from IP.IP.IP.IP
port 38524:11: disconnected by user
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"disconnected by user": Doesn't this mean that it is the client that
did the disconnection (for whatever reason)?

I dunno, but it happens when the server-side logoff is requested from X ...
Can't see the relation : how can a server X logoff send a request to the ssh command on the client ?!?!

However I just tried, I killed an ssh session from the server, didn't get the "disconnect" message in logs. Although I don't know if killing (via SIGTERM) is equivalent to what whatever the system uses to close the ssh sessions when my problem is happening.

This is the message I observe when I disconnect the ssh session from
the client (with "~.") instead of terminating the program (e.g. shell)
on the server side.

Same here for normal exits, or I think so ?
I use Ctrl-D to close ssh sessions, "~." does not work, I get "bash: command not found".

[...]
May 05 14:09:14 debzit sshd[14113]: Received disconnect from IP.IP.IP.IP
port 38512:11: disconnected by user
[...]

Ditto.

Yep, as it's just another ssh session started the exact same way than the others ;)

Starting the ssh session with "ssh -vvv" might help to find the reason.

Yes, need to test that too ...