On 05 May 2023 07:33, David wrote:
On Thu, 4 May 2023 at 19:07, zithro <sl...@rabbit.lu> wrote:

this is a rather strange problem, I hope the title is explicit enough.

Subject: Logging off an X session closes all ssh -X connections
started previously from outside X

Yeah, I meant title==subject, I was hoping it was clear enough for everyone.
Why did you copy it ? ^^

That sounds like what is documented here, with the solution at the end:

$ apt show dbus-user-session
Package: dbus-user-session
Version: 1.12.24-0+deb11u1
[... some output snipped for brevity ...]
  D-Bus is a message bus, used for sending messages between applications.
  Conceptually, it fits somewhere in between raw sockets and CORBA in
  terms of complexity.
  .
  On systemd systems, this package opts in to the session model in which
  a user's session starts the first time they log in, and does not end
  until all their login sessions have ended. This model merges all
  parallel non-graphical login sessions (text mode, ssh, cron, etc.), and up
  to one graphical session, into a single "user-session" or "super-session"
  within which all background D-Bus services are shared.
  .
  Multiple graphical sessions per user are not currently supported in this
  mode; as a result, it is particularly suitable for gdm, which responds to
  requests to open a parallel graphical session by switching to the existing
  graphical session and unlocking it.
  .
  To retain dbus' traditional session semantics, in which login sessions
  are artificially isolated from each other, remove this package and install
  dbus-x11 instead.
  [...]

Will keep that under the elbow, but it *seems* a systemd problem (see other posts, like the ycombinator link, first post is exactly my problem).

Thanks