On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 03:19:31PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2023-05-10 15:07:17 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > Note: if you play with .ssh/rc, be careful as there is a risk
> > that you may not log in any more with ssh in case of mistake
> > (I'm wondering whether there is an undocumented way to skip it).
>
> For this point, there are solutions there:
>
>   https://unix.stackexchange.com/q/458445/74516
>
> But this needs to update the setup on the server first.

A sensible precaution when mucking around with things that could affect
your account's login is to ensure there's a second account you can
log into in case you break the first one.  Also, ensure that the second
account can run either "sudo" or "su" or some other privilege elevation
command, so that you can fix the first account from the second.

(Of course, if the second account is root, then no elevation is needed.)