I had been using KALARM for a very long time.

Now, it's stopped displaying anything, stopped reminding of anything,
and stopped allowing me to add alarms.

When I try to add a new alarm, it refuses to do it. It pops up an error
window "Failed to create alarm."

Do you know how to repair it? I've tried deleting all the akonadi files
and directories under ~/.local, but that doesn't repair it.

I don't understand the advantage of using Akonadi in place of cron.

What alternatives do you suggest?

I'm still using Debian 10, waiting for the problems to calm down. KDE
Plasma version is 5.14.5, Frameworks version is 5.54.0.