On 5/15/23 11:57, Joe wrote:
Hi,

Upgraded sid two days ago for the first time for a week or so. Today
have serious mouse problems. Xfce on AMD. First thing tried of course
was another mouse, just the same.<snip>

The computer is barely usable in this state. There were too many
packages upgraded, including the kernel, to be able to narrow down the
culprit or attempt a rollback, well over 100. Google tells me various
things about making the mouse do things, but they all seem to involve
some extra mouse tweak package, none of which I have installed.

I would boot into the CMOS/BIOS/System Setup, and make sure the mouse works properly there (assuming your hardware has such a setup).

I would try a different (new) user.

I would try in console-mode only (may have to install 'gpm').

Then go from there.

--

Kent