On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 01:55:08PM +0300, Anssi Saari wrote:
> Will Mengarini <sel...@eskimo.com> writes:
>
> > * Brian <a...@cityscape.co.uk> [23-05/08=Mo 00:27 +0100]:
> >>   https://download3.ebz.epson.net/dsc/f/03/00/14/48/15/1d37501ad39bd2b5753
> >> \
> >> cce3b2715b3e2fef557/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.7.26-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb
> >
> > That includes a literal space in the middle of that hash
> > (because the space before the backslash is taken literally).
> >
> > However, when I removed that space by hand, I still got "not found":
> > --------------------------------
> > debian/pts/3 bash3 ~ 17:03 0$HEAD
> > https://download3.ebz.epson.net/dsc/f/03/00/14/48/15/1d37501ad39bd2b5753cce3b2715b3e2fef557/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.7.26-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb
>
> I don't understand why you guys even propose installing drivers from
> Epson when printer-driver-escpr package is in Debian and should be
> correct for the printer in question? Is there some established reason to
> think it won't work? Or you just didn't do your homework?
>
> I get that this saga probably never goes anywhere but I don't understand
> this advice, especially from Andrew. It seems to run counter to the Debian
> principle of using software that's actually packaged and tested by Debian.

If you reread - I suggest using the Debian package of escputil - I just wanted
Sophie to see that there was an Epson driver which might provide status
for ink tanks etc. - that's why I went through the steps of exactly how
to find the driver.

But yes, this is going nowhere - and there is no lsb package in Debian, I think.

Andy