On Tue 16 May 2023 at 11:24:05 -0400, gene heskett wrote:

> On 5/16/23 10:35, Brian wrote:
> > On Tue 16 May 2023 at 09:58:45 -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> >
> > > On 5/16/23 08:29, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > > Couple that with my recent discovery that debian seems to be shipping the
> > > cups from apple, last updated by its author in 2019.
> >
> > Did your investigations involve reading a changelog?
>
> whazzat? Trolling thru /usr/share/ looking for those is a pita. And far more
> often, a waste of time, not containing a useful amount of data.

Mmm. That's a novel way to dispose of the usefulness of changelogs and not
have to acknowledge what appears to be disinformation.

> > > Given that clue, I would be surprised to find a "cups" driver in the
> > > debian
> > > repo's capable of driving a newer epson product.
> >
> > Please give yourself a treat and use 'lpinfo -m' :).
> >
> Thanks, I just did and it appears to show both brothers installed drivers
> and the driverless, but driverless is not complete for either printer, where
> the makers ppd is. for the laser, toner would last forever, very thin,
> faint, had to read output, the mfcj6920dw only uses top tray, which is $8
> for 50 sheets glossy photo paper. Tray 2, the bottom one has up to 350 pages
> of duplex copy paper, the obvious choice, but the driverless driver doesn't
> use it.

You made a comment on Epson products and Debian. I was rather hoping you would
address that rather than bringing up your concern with a possibly buggy printer
from another vendor.

--
Brian.