Le 5 juin 2023 Steve a écrit :

>>if one succeed without message and with code 0, add in
>>/etc/logrotate.d/exim4-base and /etc/logrotate.d/exim4-paniclog
>>
>>    postrotate
>>    systemctl <reload|restart> exim4-base
>>    endscript
>>
>>if you add reload but still get the error try restart, I don't know if
>>the reload free the files
>
> Since this is a vanilla setup, I might as well uninstall and purge exim4
> and re-install it (or postfix), what do you think?

Yes I wonder why debian don't add the postrotate.
But there is a specific package exim4-config. So you can do
dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config
you should ask to use syslog and not direct logging
it will add log_file_path in config files (you can check after)

I only use postfix for me and clients for a long time, so don't ask me :
postfix rules :)