Le 05-06-2023, à 10:50:00 +0200, Michel Verdier a écrit :

Le 5 juin 2023 Steve a écrit :

if one succeed without message and with code 0, add in
/etc/logrotate.d/exim4-base and /etc/logrotate.d/exim4-paniclog

   postrotate
   systemctl <reload|restart> exim4-base
   endscript

if you add reload but still get the error try restart, I don't know if
the reload free the files

Since this is a vanilla setup, I might as well uninstall and purge exim4
and re-install it (or postfix), what do you think?

Yes I wonder why debian don't add the postrotate.
But there is a specific package exim4-config. So you can do
dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

Just did that, left unchanged except for the minimize DNS request, which
I enabled.

you should ask to use syslog and not direct logging

I did.

it will add log_file_path in config files (you can check after)

Now:

log_file_path = /var/log/exim4/%slog

I only use postfix for me and clients for a long time, so don't ask me :
postfix rules :)

Maybe another story later… :)