Le 09/06/2023 à 15:38, S M a écrit :
Good day.

I noticed on a newly installed system with Debian 12 that dpkg-reconfigure no
longer allows to switch the /bin/sh symlink from dash to bash. This is
apparently intentional as per the following:

https://launchpad.net/debian/+source/dash/0.5.11+git20210903+057cd650a4ed-4

I couldn't find any additional context or rationale. I would like to know if
this is going to be a permanent change. Debian currently disables command line
editing in dash builds, so that makes it unusable as an interactive shell.

Thank you very much for everything.

Hello,

This is explained in the wiki:
- dash is the Debian default non-interactive shell for speed and compliance to standard (setup of /bin/sh) - bash is the Debian default interactive shell for ease of use (setup of /etc/adduser.conf)

https://wiki.debian.org/Shell