>> Cousin Stanley wrote ....

   I sometimes update the  .xsessionrc  file
   for various reasons and then source it
   to activate the changes without logging out
   or restarting ....

On 2023-06-10 00:20, David Wright wrote:

> Two problems here:
>
> Other sessions are unaware of the change made in one ;

  After updating the  .xsessionrc  file in one session
  what I usually do is also source it from another ....

    $ source ~/.xsessionrc

  However, my naive view of another session here
  entails a different tab opened in qterminal
  running under lxqt ,,,,

> and the point of this thread is to find a location
> where Gene's.profile" file is run regardless
> of how he logs in.
>
> This doesn't test that.

  I understand but only wanted to suggest
  that a logout was not necessarily required
  to reflect any changes in the  .xsessionrc  file

--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being