Le 20/06/2023 à 04:41, pa...@quillandmouse.com a écrit :
On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 03:58:18 +0200
Anders Andersson <pipat...@gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

I've been watching this thread from afar for a while and it still
puzzles me why people keep bringing up wayland. I've been running
wayland for years, and synaptic works with no issues as far as I can
tell. Is this just FUD from a user that never tried it or is something
broken on that user's system?

A couple of years ago, I switched to Wayland temporarily and was unable
to run Synaptic (with an error message). The phenomenon is real. I
don't know how you manage it. But I don't recall anyone on this thread
besides you claiming it could be done.

Paul

I did claim it.

On my system (amd64 laptop, Debian Bookworm, Gnome Classic (Wayland)), pretty much a standard Debian setup, Synaptic works OOTB.