On 6/20/23 13:33, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
Hello, all:

This may be a little off-topic, in which case, apologies, but there's so
much knowledge here, maybe someone can help.

I recently acquired a Creality 3D printer, and Creality has supplied an
AppImage to operate it. When I execute it, I get these errors and a
segmentation fault:

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve EVP_PKEY_base_id
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get_peer_certificate
Segmentation fault

Googling suggests this is a common problem for developers using Qt, but I
didn't find any obvious solution. Help would be much appreciated.

Patrick

That AppImage is probably a copyright violation copy of an old and outdated klipper, Please install and use the real thing, many bugs have been treated since it was forked and put under their proprietary umbrella. I have an S1 coming tomorrow, but it will get run by the real thing.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis