On 6/20/23 18:13, Andy Smith wrote:
Hi Gene,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 05:44:10PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
Please do not encourage Gene's fetish of running GUI apps as root.

[…]

Andy, if you aren't behind dd-wrt for your home network, don't pretend to
tell me what I can't do

I think your contributions to this list do a great job of telling
people what you can't do.

Don't impress on me, your paranoid ideas about how I should run MY
computers

By all means, go with God and become an example to others if nothing
else!

Thanks,
Andy

Welp, I spent the morning from just after 6 my time, to around 2:30 pm. downloading and installing bookworm, and so far only kmail has refused to work. This is tbird, and synaptic I am happy to say Just Works now. I stripped the usb ports and disconnected the drives I did not want formatted, installed, then reconnected everything, assembled the raid and mounted it on top of /home, put the swap that is part of the raid into fstab, and while I haven't done all of my daily driving yet, I'm actually grinning a bit, so far everything but kmail has Just worked. That is far better than any install of bullseye ever was.

I should have done the upgrade a week ago. Yeah, I'm a stubborn old coot, so thank you all for trying to help with a bullseye install that was broken from the git-go.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis