I've been running phpmyadmin for years. It survived the upgrade to bullseye about a month ago but now the upgrade to bookworm broke it.

I don't see any similar bug reports. I do see similar error messages around the web from over the years, but I don't expect to have to do a manual re-install or repair. I removed it and installed again, but the result is the same. My mariadb is accessible from other apps and the "mysql" command line program, so it's up and running. "Composer" as mentioned in the error message isn't something that I have installed.

PHP 8.2.7 is the default version of php.

PHP 7.2.5+ is required.

Currently installed version is: ' . PHP_VERSION . '

'); } // phpcs:disable PSR1.Files.SideEffects define('PHPMYADMIN', true); // phpcs:enable require_once ROOT_PATH . 'libraries/constants.php'; /** * Activate autoloader */ if (! @is_readable(AUTOLOAD_FILE)) { die( '

File ' . AUTOLOAD_FILE . ' missing or not readable.

' . '

Most likely you did not run Composer to ' . '' . 'install library files <https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/setup.html#installing-from-git>.

' ); } require AUTOLOAD_FILE; global $route, $containerBuilder, $request; Common::run(); $dispatcher = Routing::getDispatcher(); Routing::callControllerForRoute($request, $route, $dispatcher, $containerBuilder);

I tried reconfigure, but I didn't select the option to "reinstall the database"*:

*
# dpkg-reconfigure phpmyadmin
Determining localhost credentials from /etc/mysql/debian.cnf: succeeded.
dbconfig-common: writing config to /etc/dbconfig-common/phpmyadmin.conf
dbconfig-common: flushing administrative password
apache2_invoke phpmyadmin: already enabled

Any ideas?

Rick