On 21 Aug 2023 20:00 -0600, from rickm...@shaw.ca (Rick Macdonald):
>> # dpkg-reconfigure phpmyadmin
>> Determining localhost credentials from /etc/mysql/debian.cnf: succeeded.
>> dbconfig-common: writing config to /etc/dbconfig-common/phpmyadmin.conf
>> dbconfig-common: flushing administrative password
>> apache2_invoke phpmyadmin: already enabled

$ dpkg -l php php8.2 phpmyadmin

Which exact version of each respective package is installed?

Also

$ aptitude why php8.2

_IF_ the version of phpmyadmin which Bookworm ships doesn't work with
the version of PHP which Bookworm ships, that's at a minimum a
packaging bug. But that would be an awfully obvious one that a lot
more people should already have run into in that case, so I'm
reluctant to assume that that's the problem. I'm more inclined to
believe that maybe you're somehow running a non-Bookworm version of
phpmyadmin which for whatever reason doesn't work with PHP 8, or for
some reason your installation of phpmyadmin is being run through a
different version of PHP. Buster and Bullseye were both PHP 7.x; which
could help explain why it worked there but not after you upgraded to
Bookworm.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”