On 30 Aug 2023 15:40 +0200, from cl.debian.mail...@t-online.de (CL):
> this week I bought a new HP Laptop (HP17-CN2156ng).
>
> a Bookworm - Gnome was installed originally but I replaced it with Bookworm
> - XFCE.

Unrelated, but you could likely have got much the same effect by
simply `apt-get install xfce4`.

> During testing of the device I note that the HDMI interface doesn't work. A
> lot of GOOGLE shows me that sometimes problems with the implemented GPU IRIS
> Xe (Alder Lake-UP3 GT2) occurs.

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/T14IntelGen3 looks
relevant, despite being for a different specific computer; it mentions
that specific GPU and that "switch to external screen" "only works
with a non-free driver and or firmware".

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”