Am 30.08.23 um 16:22 schrieb Michael Kjörling:
On 30 Aug 2023 15:40 +0200, from cl.debian.mail...@t-online.de (CL):
this week I bought a new HP Laptop (HP17-CN2156ng).

a Bookworm - Gnome was installed originally but I replaced it with Bookworm
- XFCE.

Unrelated, but you could likely have got much the same effect by
simply `apt-get install xfce4`.

Yes, I think so also. Exactly therefore ordered this machine with a Devian installed. If Debian work in general than all desktops should work also. I planned from begin to re-install wiht XFCE because this is my favorite desktop. Don't like Gnome.

During testing of the device I note that the HDMI interface doesn't work. A
lot of GOOGLE shows me that sometimes problems with the implemented GPU IRIS
Xe (Alder Lake-UP3 GT2) occurs.

https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/T14IntelGen3 looks
relevant, despite being for a different specific computer; it mentions
that specific GPU and that "switch to external screen" "only works
with a non-free driver and or firmware".

Looks very similar problem.

According Synaptic following packages are installed

- firmware-misc-nonfree
- firmware-intel-sound
- firmware-realtek
- firmware-sof-signed
- xserver-xorg-video-intel
        I assume this is the source of the i915 driver.
        Uninstalled this also for trial but no difference
- xserver-xorg-core
- xserver-xorg-video-all
- and some other xserver-xorg-video...

--