> On 24 Oct 2023, at 15:30, Arno Lehmann <a...@its-lehmann.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Henggi, all,
Hi Arno, thanks for your reply!

> Am 24.10.2023 um 14:04 schrieb Henggi:
>> Hi list,
>> Completely stuck here, any clue appreciated!
>> Trying to bring up XRDP service on Debian 11-bullsyeye (arm64, incl.
>> backports, fully up-to-date) which is only listening on „lo“ interface (not
>> eth0) even netstat indicates otherwise:
>> -> incoming tcp syn/ack on localhost interfact (lo) works fine
>> -> incoming tcp syn/ack on eth0 interface seems not to reach app listening
>> process (while other services on same host are working just fine via the
>> network - so it’s not an „physical" network issue).
>> -> iptables are cleared and not aware of any other netfilter running…
>
> I suggest to verify the other netfiler options.
>
> Recently I encountered something similar, and my usual test for local
> firewall being active,
>
> iptables -L -n
>
> came back with policies "accept" all over the place, and no particular rules.
>
> Took me a while to understand that firewalld can still do its job.
>
> So, probably useful to check with
>
> systemctl status firewalld
As I mentioned in my 1st email, I think (afaik) that no other netfitler
module/service is running.

root@server:~# systemctl status firewalld
Unit firewalld.service could not be found.

However, then there are kernel modules loaded when looking for „net OR filter
OR fire OR ip“ as followed (of which I assume are just loaded as part of the
default base system but not doing anyhting - how to be sure of it):

root@server:~# lsmod |egrep -i "net|filter|fire|ip"
inet_diag              28672  1 tcp_diag
iptable_nat            16384  0
nf_nat                 49152  1 iptable_nat
iptable_filter         16384  0
nf_defrag_ipv6         20480  1 nf_conntrack
nf_defrag_ipv4         16384  1 nf_conntrack
nfnetlink              20480  1 nf_tables
ip_tables              32768  2 iptable_filter,iptable_nat
x_tables               53248  3 iptable_filter,ip_tables,iptable_nat
ipv6                  557056  20