On 11/30/23 09:14, John Hasler wrote:
Gene writes:
I want to put it at 192.168.71.100/24. How do I do that in
/etc/dhcpcd.conf?

You don't.  That file tells the client how to get an ip (among other
things) from the server.  The default configuration should work.  You
assign static ips on the server when using dhcp.  But why do you want to
do that?

I don't want or need a dhcp-server.

What I just found is /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf, which if you read it, contains some examples at the bottom of it, such as:
------------------
#alias {
#  interface "eth0";
#  fixed-address 192.5.5.213;
#  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.255;
#}

#lease {
#  interface "eth0";
#  fixed-address 192.33.137.200;
#  medium "link0 link1";
#  option host-name "andare.swiftmedia.com";
#  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
#  option broadcast-address 192.33.137.255;
#  option routers 192.33.137.250;
#  option domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
#  renew 2 2000/1/12 00:00:01;
#  rebind 2 2000/1/12 00:00:01;
#  expire 2 2000/1/12 00:00:01;
#}
---------
which looks a lot like it should work if there's no typu's. But I won't putz with it till the present job is done around 20:00 tonight.

Thanks John.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis