I have Bookworm installed on a 1TB SSD. When I attempted logging this morning I failed! Rather than opening my XFCE desktop I was sent back tot he login screen, over and over and ................. I got the same result attempting to login as root. I have to assume that grub has been corrupted>

As it happens I also have Bookworm installed on a second SSD on my platform. I'm there sending this email

I have Grub Customizer installed in both. I have also just downloaded and burned debian-12-2-0-ams64.

I am very nervous about messing with the OS. What might be my best course of action to fix the problem (short of reinstalling)?

Thanks in advance

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
https://insilicochemistry.net