> I  don't notice differences among amd64 and i386 but think to pick among
> this. Give advice, what better please? I will add memory if the spare slots
> are, but maybe all busy? There are 2 slots only.

I mostly use i386 on my machines, but it's mostly because that's what
I started with 20 years ago and never bothered to change.  Maybe if you
stick to 2GB of RAM you'll be better off with i386 because amd64
eats up a bit more memory.

But if you add a 4GB stick in there (i.e. bump the memory to 5GB or
more), it would make more sense to go with amd64 because the i386 port
is "on the way out" and is much less widely used and hence much less
widely tested.

        Stefan