Am Samstag, 30. Dezember 2023, 21:32:01 CET schrieb debian-
u...@howorth.org.uk:
Sorry, did I impress myself so wrong?

What I meant, were the packages for the driver, which Brother provide.

If you want to know, take a look at support.brother.com, see which I mean.

As I do not have the notebook here at the moment, i can not tell exactly, but
the packages should not be the problem at all, as it is looking for me, that
debian itself is also somehow naming the devices for itself and additionally.

I guess, i will take a look for myself, when I get the notebook into my hands
again.

What my questions in the first mail were aimed for, if someone got into the
same issue, too, or if in debian itself has something changed related to
printers, as I know, some printers are natively supported by the debian repo
itself (for example HP printers).

So, as obviously no one knows, we can safely close this question.

I will find either another solution, or my customer just has to deal with
double names.

So it is not a generally problem and this file can be closed.

Thanks for the help either!

Best wishes and a happy new year!

Hans