Hello,

>> I've always used 'ser2net' for that for of thing, mostly with single-
>> board computers attached via serial ports on a remote machine. But it
>> doesn't matter what the device is, it's a dumb pipe to transfer bytes
>> to/from a serial port on another computer.

Thank you for indicating the use of 'ser2net'. I appreciate your suggestion and
the information you provided. However, in our specific infrastructure, the
terminal emulator plays a central role due to the way our users access the
application and reauthenticate for printing purposes. This interaction is
seamless for our users and the terminal emulator serves as a crucial component
in managing the communication between the server and the various devices,
including the printer and others.

While 'ser2net' may be a valuable tool for certain purposes, it doesn't align
with our specific requirements. Nevertheless, I'm grateful for the insight and
knowledge you've shared.

Best Regards,
Thierry